ELORA is founded by Mr Erich Rauch at Birker Weg 4 in Lüttringhausen. Today Lüttringhausen is a district of Remscheid, the heart of the German tool industry.
The 21-year-old starts manufacturing chain pipe wrenches and Stillson pipe wrenches in his parents’ cellar.
As his business grows, he buys land next to his parents’ house and builds a factory with greater production capacity, allowing for packaging options for the first time, to meet the needs of his rapidly growing business.
ELORA employees in the early years
When the “Deutsche Mark” is introduced in 1948, the demand for ELORA products grows once again. During this time, more spanners, toolboxes, workshop trolleys and adjustable spanners are added to the product range.
The “Bergische Löwe” is the heraldic animal of the city of Remscheid and there is a large stone lion statue in front of our town hall.
In 2014, the city of Remscheid celebrated its 85th anniversary as a major city and on this occasion all companies were given the opportunity to purchase a life-size lion and design it according to their ideas.
Now we too can finally proudly present our ELORA lion – it stands in the middle of a roundabout in our immediate vicinity!
New ELORA torque laboratory, where every ELORA torque wrench is tested according to DIN ISO 6789:2017.
Today, ELORA produces a range of tools of the highest premium quality in both plants, in Remscheid.